Pages

Monday, August 31, 2020

preview ch 5

 When Jesus Shows Up- By Theresa Marie Demi

Taken from ch. 5- The woman at the well
"Desperation always precedes a miracle. Why are these people the ones who are blessed with God’s favor? Because they have found the secret. Because they know their need for God. Those of us who are still pretending we can get through life in our own strength don’t often turn to God and ask for help. If God loves to bless the desperate, reach the broken, and heal those who come to Him with their wounds, then the brokenness that causes us to cry out to Him actually can be considered a blessing. Desperation is a gift from God because it teaches us we can’t do this on our own. “I can make it on my own,” I sigh. We all fool ourselves, wearing a mask of self-reliance and believing a lie of self-subsistence. We’re all badly in need of Jehovah's help, but the truth is that it’s only the desperate who go looking for it. And they are the ones who receive.
Desperation is the gift of not being able to pretend anymore. It’s the hard things that send us running into God’s open arms. I swallowed a drink of water from the well and more importantly swallowed my pride, “Please Sir, give me this water, and I will never be thirsty again, And I won't have to come here to get water.”

No photo description available.

No comments:

Post a Comment