Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Prayer Visions

 


I really love the prayer time at church. We come into a darken church with usually praise music playing quietly. We prayer together or sometimes apart. People share what is on their heart. I don't share a lot...if you know me in real life this is certainly true.  So if I share I REALLY feel  I should share. But it has to be  really in all caps.


Weeks ago we were all praying and I shared what was on my heart. I saw darkness surronding and pushing down. In my mind, outside was the same. The darkness wasn't just "dark" It had a prescence. It looked heavy and oily. It rolled, and it was getting closer. Suddenly everything was darkness. I didn't feel scared of this darkness just a deep soul sadness. I prayed for help. The words I got back was "push back the darkness." I knew He meant with prayer. To pray that the darkness must go when the light was present. As I pray, I see a small light form. Not huge but a candle. The darkness had to retreat. Then I began to think about the real world. What is more powerful: light vs darkness. Light of course. I think about when I walk into my dark house and start turning on lights. The darkness doesn't fight back because it know it can not overcome it. Light pushes the dark. Not the other way around. 


As I looked at everyone praying, I could see all of these small lights joining and pushing back the darkness. For whatever reason I felt a need to pray for the youth and our children. Finally I spoke up and shared and peope began to pray with me about pushing back the darkness. 


Another time I was in a worship service and while singing I got this vision of a battlefield. Darkness had taken on forms and was slaying the people around me. I recognized faces. Their last looks of fear. I looked up and saw a sword a little ways away and it was stuck in a pile of rocks. I thought I must get that sword. I got up off my knees and tried to walk forward without looking down. I finally made it up and i had to crawl up the large mouund of stones. They were sharp and cut me. Blood and pain as I carried forward. Finally I reached the stone. This was it. the moment I would grab the sword and defeat the darkness. I wrapped my hands around the sword and pulled. It would not budge I center myself and pulled again. Trying to move it around, put all my weight into it.


Finally I dropped to my knees and just cried. I looked over the darkening battlefiels, the blood covering my hands, and I cried/prayed "I just can't do it." I heard a voice in my head asy "You never had to." From behind me the brightest light I ever could imagine was coming. Squinting my eyes I could see angels on horses, flying forward, and creatures so fast I could even get a glimpse. All of the sudden Jesus was kneeling next to me. I sobbed before Him telling Him I was sorry and I tried. But He simply shook his head and said "Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the Lord of hosts." Zech. 4:6 He put His hand on the top of my head and ran it down my hair. Father to daughter and their was peace in my heart. He stood, the brightest, the largest, and walked onto the battle field. In my heart again, I heard push back teh darkness. So I prayed. Quoting scriputes of God's soverigty and His goodness. I claimed this battle is the Lord's. I knew there would be victory. 


I shared this with my church family.  Here are some other scripture on God fighting for us. 

“For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.” Deut. 20:4

“What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” Rom. 8:31

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Josh. 1:9

“Through You we will push back our adversaries; Through Your name we will trample down those who rise up against us.” Ps. 44:5

“And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.” Matt. 10:28

“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” John 10:10

“Do not be afraid of them; the LORD your God himself will fight for you.” Deut. 3:22

“Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.” Is. 40:31

“One of your men puts to flight a thousand, for the LORD your God is He who fights for you, just as He promised you.” Josh. 23:10


Church- we are to pray like we never have before. Plan times into our day to prayer. Pray against the darkness coming. Pray for our leaders. Pray for our Pastors. Pray for the knowledge to find your place in this battle. Every single light pushes back the darkness. But what if no lights show up. WHat if no one calls on the Lord to fight to save? Lord, bring the light and salvation to millions. Those who cry out will be saved. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment