Pages

Monday, August 31, 2020

ch 9 preview

 preview ch 9....getting excited?

The blind begger
“Where is he?” angry, deep voices yelled at me. That is when I noticed the shadows, and the smell of sulfur. The blackness pooling at the feet of these men were puddles of darkness. I almost reached out to grab them, but the men didn't seem to notice the shadows twisting around them. I stepped back because I knew almost intrinsically that if I touched the blackness, there would be no end to my fall. They dragged me to the Pharisees, staying clear of more black puddles here, and I was asked the same questions. They even asked my parents for testimony that I had been born blind. Finally, they called me in to speak with the religious folk. They said to me “God should get the Glory for this. Because we know that this Jesus is a sinner.”
A sinner? Like the label they had branded me for life. Sinner? Like someone less than them? Sinner? Like someone God has shunned and must walk this barren wasteland alone? I am not an educated man since my condition set me up for a lifetime of begging regardless, but Jesus a sinner? “I don’t know whether he is a sinner. But I know that I was blind and now I see

No photo description available.

No comments:

Post a Comment