Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Shepherds who had nothing

 Hallelujah means God be Praised!

"That night there were shepherds staying in the fields nearby guarding their flocks of sheep. Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared among them. They were terrified, but the angel reassured them. "Don't be afraid. I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. The Savior- yes, the Messiah, the Lord has been born today in Bethlehem , the city of David! And you will recognize him by this sign: you will find a baby wrapped snuggly in strips of cloth lying in a manger." Suddenly, the angel was joined by a vast host of others- the armies of heaven- praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest heaven, and peace on Earth to those with whom God is pleased." Luke 2:8-14

The ABSOLUTE greatest news in history, and who does God go to first. The Shepards. The lowest rung on the social ladder. The ones who had nothing to bring. Not only does God just show them in a dream or by a star, but he bring out THOUSANDS of angels to sing and shine and declare. 

The ones who had nothing to bring. No gift of gold or mirth here. What can they bring him? The Glory He deserves and then testifying about it to everyone they meet. The same as today! 

That is so our God. He isn't looking for the most prestige, influencers. He is looking for men who would hear the  news, believe it, run to see it, and then spread the news. They "told everyone what had happened." vs 17.  No embarrassment about being thought of as crazy or delusional.  They saw it and they shared it. 

A shepherd. - Later in scripture Jesus tells His people He is the Good Shepard and His sheep will only listen to his voice. Our God. Always lifting up the lowly. Always exalting those who never asked for it. A God of and for the people. 

I read this scripture and closed my eyes. Can you imagine? A vast host of angels- thousands- angels as far as you can see. All singing glory to God. Why? Because He is the God of the highest heaven, 

Why else? Cause Peace is a comin'. The world that has been lost in sin and separated from their Father. The people who just couldn't find their way back home. Peace on Earth to those with whom God is pleased. 

Let Him be your peace this Christmas. Forget the wrapping, baking, decorating, and more. The bible tells us to ponder what is Holy. God telling us all, come to me everyone. 

I know I didn't post as much as I would have liked to (a work in progress) , but as I told you in the beginning of December, the song of the little drummer boy hit me different this year. I never even liked the song previously. Here I spent the whole month pondering "What can I bring Him as poor as I am?" When I walked into the sanctuary of church last week, Little Drummer Boy was playing. We call those God winks in out family. God saying I see you. I know what you are doing. Keep going baby girl. You git this. 

Hallelujah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment