Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2021

pa rumpa pum pum

     Anyone who knows me well knows it is no huge surprise when I say that Christmas is not my favorite. It i just too much music, lights, decorations, presents, cookies, concerts, dances, other obligations for my preferred low stimulation heart. Also though, again if you know me, Jesus is my very favorite. So every year I am at odds with the guilt of the way I feel verse faking it to be part of things. It was quite a surprise to me that as I was driving I started to hum the song "The little drummer boy." Again, not my even my top 10 Christmas tolerated songs. I started to ponder this song and this little drummer boy.

    I thought to myself, that yes Christmas is above all, Jesus's birthday. What would I give Him if given the chance. I found myself singing "I have no gift to bring that's fit to give our King.....parumpa pum pum." What do you give the Creator of a universe. "I guess you already have a toaster," I laughed. "Plus trust me, there is nothing on tv or a phone you want to see." What do we bring to a King with no need or want of anything?

    Scripture tells us in Acts 17:24-27 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth. He doesn’t live in shrines made by human hands, and he isn’t served by people as if he needed anything. He himself gives everyone life, breath, and everything else. From one man he made every nation of humanity to live all over the earth, fixing the seasons of the year and the national boundaries within which they live, so that they might look for God, somehow reach for him, and find him. Of course, he is never far from any one of us.”

    What does God need? Nothing. What does he want? More than I thought. 

    I plan to take each day this December and look deep into something I can give him each day. My gift to bring. Come and join me as we look into scripture and find out what we can bring out King to bring a smile to His face. To bring before him as our gift in the truest of forms. 

    Come Lord Jesus. 



No comments:

Post a Comment