Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Surrender


 "My Grace is sufficient for you, for y power is made perfect i weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ can rest on me." 2 Cor. 12:9


I don't know about you but I hate feeling weak. I hate depending on others. After my hysterectomy, I thought I could do it all on my own. Paid for that. When back to work 3 weeks after a very extremely difficult delivery. When to a cousin's baby shower the day after gallbladder surgery.  Every-time I do it this way, I pay. My famous phrase is "I got this" when I ain't got a thing.  Even when it comes to God things I think I can so it myself. Like I could ever work hard enough. Be enough. Not on my own. But when I join with Him, His power works through me. It is Him not me that is working. That I long for. 

I am reading a book for a class this morning and it so speak to me. It is something I have been struggling with lately, The question is "how much do you want Me? Cause you know it will cost you." Not sure of the cost, but I know it will be high. But I also know in my heart it will be WORTH it. Yet, my flesh still fears.

"Do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed for I am your God, I will strengthen you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Surrendering is not a pleasant thought either to me. Seems like quitting. But if I don't surrender and let go and allow myself to become weak I will never witness the power He can work through me. 

Guys, I am not sure I know how to do that. So I pray. I ask God to help me surrender. To help me lay my life down so He and He alone can picj it up. 

So if you are reading this, can I ask a favor? Will you pray for me. That God would show me His Glory and I would let go. I need to let go. 

Blessings my friends. 

Rest on us

As the Spirit was moving over the waters
Spirit, come move over us
Come rest on us
Come rest on us
As the Spirit was moving over the waters
Spirit, come move over us
Come rest on us
Come rest on us
So come down
Spirit, when You move, You make my heart pound
When You fill the room
You're here and I know You are moving
I'm here and I know You will fill me
Come down
Spirit, when You move, You make my heart pound
When You fill thе room
You're here and I know You arе moving
I'm here and I know You will fill me
Hey, come fill us up
Come fill us up
Come fill us up
And as the Spirit was moving over the waters
Spirit, come move over us
Come rest on us
Come rest on us
As the Spirit was moving over the waters
Spirit, come move over us
Come rest on us
Come rest on us (I feel the fire)
Fire and wind, come and do it again
Open up the gates, let Heaven on in (come)
Come rest on us (won't You come?)
Come rest on us (I feel the fire)

No comments:

Post a Comment