Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2022

My Word



 I started doing this a couple of years ago sort of in place of a New Year Resolution. I pick a word for the year. The first year I did it I picked thankful. That word just coming to my mind. When I had enough I was thankful. When I was lacking, I was thankful. Sometimes I would find myself just saying that word over and over. It would change my perspective. Because how I have argued forever now- Words are powerful.

I was thinking about what this year's word would be and it came to me with zero hesitation. TRUTH. 

A friend and I were talking a couple weeks ago, and we were talking about identify. I never really took the time to think about what I though about my identity. I was honest. I said I thought I was replaceable.  Not worth much. Sometimes a burden. The only worth I found was in doing for my family, but even then I thought someone else could do a better job than me. 

As this friend and I talked, I felt like my eyes were open. I have the indwelling of Christ in ME! He doesn't inhabit junk. He created me and loves me. He uses me and loves me. I am important. 

That was the "easy" part. The hard part was believing it. The story came to mind about Jesus being the Good Shepard and the sheep ONLY follow HIS voice. They run from the enemy's voice. I have to know what is true and what is the enemy. Then I can tell the enemy who is whispering lies into my ear and say no! That is a lie form the pit of hell and I will not take it on. I will choose the voice of truth. 

Then I came home and opened my bible randomly and guess what scripture it fell to. The very one we were just talking about.  God wink

To quote Casting Crows (go listen to the voice of truth song if you need to) The Voice of Truth tells me a different story. The voice of truth says do not be afraid. The voice of truth says this is for my Glory. Out of all the voices calling out to me, I will choose and listen and believe the voice of truth. 

2022- The year of TRUTH

No comments:

Post a Comment