Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

a dream

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." -- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
I am a very practical person. Scott would say pessimist. I think he is the dreamer. He is the one who makes the big plans. I used to then quickly tell him why his plan would never work or be doomed to failure. But since I am trying to be a better wife (wink) I now let him go on and dream. I smile and say "yeah, maybe."
So when I came home from work one day and said "we should build a new house" he about fell on the floor. Every once in awhile we would joke and say "when we build our dream house..." but never was serious. Then I began to think...
My mom has a plot of land beside her house. Hence, no land cost. We could build next to her. She wouldn't be lonely and the kids would be thrilled. We would be right there to help her with what she needed. She doesn't drive in the winter and we could go to the store together. So I prayed about it. And I began to feel more confident about the idea. And then I told Scott. Who thinks it is a super idea.
We have an appointment to meet with a house guy on the 30th! We would have to sell our house now and get so many things in order. Normally, I wouldn't even attempt such an undertaking. But I need to start taking steps of faith when I know that is where God is leading. I don't do that as much now that I am adult. I like safe. I like things working out as I planned them.
But sometimes God takes our wildest dreams and actually makes them come true. Like a bathroom right off my bedroom and a fireplace in the family room. So friends and family, I would appreciate your prayers as we see if doors will open and allow this to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment