Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

The ninjas did it

Today during dinner I broke the news to my kids. I said those dreaded words. "Tomorrow you all have to get up early." Chorus of moans and whys surround the table.

Scott- "Because mommy has to start back to work tomorrow and I have work too. And in a week you guys will all be in school"
Bella- *with look of horror on her face* "No school for me!"
Theresa- "No school for you."
Will- "ya know I have been thinking, I am going to try and clean out my desk once a week this year. Cause last year it was a big mess. And actually the year before that and the year before that."
Theresa- "maybe you could actually keep track of your books. Instead of swearing to me that  you brought them home and then you finding them lost in your desk a week later."
Will- "No, my friends would find my lost books in THEIR desks."
Theresa - "How do you suppose that happened"?
Will- "Sneaky Ninjas came into the school in the middle of the night and put my books in their desks."
Theresa- "So..not that you aren't paying attention and you accidentally stuck your books in their desks?"
Will- "No definitely sneaky ninjas."
Theresa- "Makes perfect sense..."

Tomorrow is my first day of in-service. First day of a new year. Here is to a fresh, ninja-free start back.

No comments:

Post a Comment