Pages

Friday, August 10, 2018

knock, knock



Do you know what you get when you mix ham plus pink milk mix and put it in the microwave for a you tube challenge? An angry mommy

It is my own fault. I violated the first rule of parenting. Silence is trouble. I was in my room cleaning when I hear Scott yelling. I run downstairs to see a red faced Scott and two little maniacs otherwise known as Nick and Haivyn. Apparently, the Littles decided they wanted to do their own you tube show on good vs. gross food. My dining room table was covered in egg shells, raw egg, buns, and an assortment of spices. The plan was to dip the buns in the raw egg, and then cook them in the microwaves.
Nick- “We were making egg sandwiches!”
Another clear example of you tube causing direct devastation.


Scott is yelling again. On episode 2 of Nick and Haivyn destroying the kitchen….
The smell of smoke was spreading throughout the house. The little chefs took a toy microwave and mixed chopped ham and pink milk mix together. They then put the toy microwave – with metal- in the real microwave and pushed start. Hence the smoke. 
Haivyn- "We were hungry."
Nick- "We were helping. We could get our own lunch." 

Needless to say, I was a little frustrated. Standing in the kitchen, I dramatically announced that “Mommy is going to take a bath. Leave me alone. Pretend I am at the store. Unless it is an emergency. Then come get me immediately." I went into the bathroom which is on my first floor where the kids were playing. I started the water, and kid you not, as soon as I touched the water, the power goes out. I pounded my head against the wall whispering “well played universe. Well played.” A gang of children come running into the bathroom. Thankfully the blackout lasted about 30 seconds. EMERGENCY! Thankfully, the lights returned in 30 seconds. 

I get into the bathtub and before I can even lean back I hear “Mommy, can I come in?” Bella.  “What do you want?” “I want you to show you this shirt that still fits me.” She comes in modeling a Christmas outfit.  “Looks good Bella.” She smiles big and goes skipping put the bathroom. Apparently "emergency" means different things to different people.

“MOM, want  to hear a joke?” Sigh and rolling my eyes, but because I am a good mom I yell “Sure.”
Nick “Knock, knock”
Me- “Whose there?”
Nick- “Chocolate”
Me- “Chocolate who?”
Nick- “Just chocolate!” hysterical giggling on the other side of the door.


Nick- “Mom, will you tell Haivyn that I can play…
Me- “Stop. Ok. Ok. I am getting out. “

My first baby is a freshman this year *tear* and my last baby *sniff* is in kindergarten. I KNOW that I miss them so very much when they are grown. But at least I will miss them with shaved legs, clean hair, and a functioning microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment