Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2022

To my baby

 My baby turns 18 today. He is a man. I can't go through pictures and memories because that might just push me over the edge of tears. I want this to be a celebration. A celebration OF HIM.  What a man he has become. To know William is to LOVE him. His heart has more capacity to love than anyone I ever met. He genuinely and humbly loves people. He also loves his Lord and Savior and for that I am forever grateful. In spite of my many failings, he found Him. He experienced Him. I have always said that I can nothing of the earthly treasures or accolades my children acquire, but for this alone I pray- that they would be warriors in the kingdom. William leads in a gentle but mighty way. For this I am blessed beyond measure. 


Many of you know the story of how a doctor misdiagnosed me and told me I would not be able to have children. So scared that it would never happen I quickly found out 2 months after my wedding I was indeed pregnant. I do not see it lightly that I have been called upon to be this man's mother. But he makes it so so easy. He never, ever goes without an "I love you mom" and "thanks mom." He ponders over his goals and the people he loves and always puts other in front of himself. He has a special GRACE upon him that sets him apart. 

I love my baby. He can turn 18 all he wants but he is still my baby. He will continue to grown in wisdom and strength, and he will still be my little boy. He will be holding his own miracle one day, and I will still see my blue eyes boy with a hand full of flowers. 

Thank-you God for the privilege of being called to be his mom.  I get teary eyes when I read in the Word that "Mary treasured all these things in her heart." There is a special place, a secret place, where mothers file away these memories. Where we get the chance to breath it all in and remember. 

How blessed am I? More than I deserve for sure. Happy 18th birthday to the boy who made me who I never thought I could be. To the boy who stretches me to be a better person without even knowing it. To the one who challenges me daily to be better, and do better. 

I love you William Alan to the moon and back and more than all the stars in the sky or grains of sand on the beach. You and your siblings are my greatest treasures. My most blessed part of who I am. 

Now go- and move mountains. love always, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment