Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2021

Take the Picture

 



Take the picture.

This clearly isn't one of my best pictures. I am wearing my glasses as I have been forced to for the past year because my eyes are not reacting well to contacts anymore. 0 makeup, hair in a bun(as usual) just not something I would want to advertise.
But do you know who that is in front of me? My mom. This picture was taken at camp and she looks gorgeous and stunning as always. Hair always done makeup always perfect always looking beautiful. And behind me is my baby girl who also not a huge fan of pictures but let me take one because Grammy was in it.
Today this picture is no big deal. I mean I appreciate it and I like it but someday this picture will be everything to me. In a couple of decades when my mom is gone and my daughter is grown I look back on this picture and smile and be thankful and remember the three of us. And it will be a beautiful memory.
Because we don't take enough everyday pictures we don't take enough pictures of ourselves and our loved ones and we never know when that last picture is going to be taken. So I stopped caring as much about the less important things like hair and makeup and start focusing on the more important things like me my mom and my daughter all smiling together at camp.
So take the picture. Hair up in a bun and all take the picture. Because someday we're going to need memories to cherish and pictures help bring those to the surface. And we're going to laugh and we're going to smile and we're going to talk about that time at camp and life was good. And I am so abundantly blessed with too many amazing people in my life. So I want to try and hold on to them forever. So...
Take the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment