Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 3-mom

Today and everyday I am thankful for my mom.  This is another area where I feel words are lacking in appreciation for her.

Until I was married and had kids of my own, I didn't realize how truly awesome my mom is. And I know (almost) everyone can go on about how awesome their mom is-but truly I think I got the top of the line.

When I was a kid, my mom was my best friend. I could sit and talk for hours with her. She was ironing, cooking, cleaning, or doing something and I was rambling on about boys, friends, God, or just about anything. She would listen and comment. Laugh or cry. My mom was always the first one I wanted to talk to about a problem or tell her something awesome that happened.

I remember when I got the flu the first time after I was married. I was puking and crying and I told Scott to call my mom. For what he had asked. Just because I want her to know I am sick and to pray for me. I just wanted mom to know.

I have never once called her and she not been able to be there for me. Never. I have called at all hours asking her questions about the kids, asked if she could watch them, or just needed to hear her tell me things would be ok. She has. Every time.

As time passes, I feel like I see my mom as more amazing as the year go on. She has been to hell and back and never once has doubted her faith. She walked us to Church in 3 feet of snow drifts as children to praise the Lord and tells is daily as adults to never let go of Christ. She is the picture of a woman on her knees for her children. Through crisis after crisis for each of us she never has given up. She will tell you she knew God was on her side and all would be OK. Even when others doubted, she knew. She lives her faith.

She created a home where her kids felt comforted and blessed. In that home, I know my own children, her grandchildren, are loved, spoiled, and comforted. As adults, we joke and fight about who she would live with if it ever came to that. She doesn't want to be a burden. She doesn't realize how blessed each of us feels to be able to repay her just a sliver of all she has given and sacrificed for us.

If I am half the mother she is, I will surly be worth more than gold or rubies. Truly for my mother, her children rise us and call her blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment