Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What is that you say?

What was that you say about control? Yesterday I went to my week 36 check-up. As much as I can't wait to meet our little guy, I can't help but feel a little nervous about the big day getting so close. I lay back on the table and Dr. chuckled as a knee or elbow or something kicked back at him. I thought I may have noticed that he was spending a lot of time poking at my belly. After the exam he sat me up. He told me no dilation yet but very soft. And he is sideways.

Just like my mom had said. She had noticed I was carrying differently. The plan is to get an ultra sound on Wednesday (tomorrow) and then see what that shows. How much he is sideways. Then I have an appointment on Monday (week 37) to talk about "things." He told me that if I feel contractions then get to the hospital. I have been known to have a couple short labors. He said their is a machine right there that will tell him where the baby is and if he is not engaged that he will "go in and take him." C-section

What was that I was saying about control? Truly there is not much I can do. I will hope and pray that he turns. That he is a late bloomer. But as I told Dr., obviously whatever gets him here safely I am ok with. Of course this adds to my what if list.

Today when I woke up I had a little 2 1/2 year old head in my back. She has been getting up in the middle of the night and "sleep in your bed mommy." I turned and peeled her out of my back and wrapped my arms around her. Although the "baby" smell has left long ago, I still love to smell her hair. As I stroked her hair and cheek, I told myself not to worry. Too soon this all shall pass. No matter what recovery will look like, before I know it, it will be a collection of memories in my heart. My little guy will be discovering the world, jumping and playing, and I will be playing the remember when game.

So onto tomorrow. On the plus side of all this, it will be exciting to see him again. Get some more pics for his scrapbook. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment