Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The toothfairy

Here is the deal. My Luke is my hero. My sweet brown eyed boy. He also keeps me stepping. All...the...time. I love this little guy, but sometimes I want to lock him the closet (JUST KIDDING.....mostly) He is a ball full of energy and a very to the point little guy. Sometimes I wonder how is it that he is growing up too fast. He is four, mind you, but sometimes I wonder what is going on in that little head of his.
Hence our dinner conversation...

Rachel- "Ouch! My tooth. My tooth. It hurts."
Will- "Sounds like a loose tooth to me."
Rachel (wailing)- Noooooo. I don't want to loose any of my teeth!
Luke- But if you loose your teeth you get money.
Rachel- I still want to keep my teeth LU-CAS (she has a way of saying his name that impresses even me)

10 minutes later when Luke and I are alone together.
Luke- "Mommy, do you think the tooth fairy is real?"
Me- "What? Of course she is real!"
Luke- "well, I don't think she is real."
Me- "Oh yeah? Then who puts money under your pillow when you loose a tooth?"
Luke- "I think you do."
Me (after 5 seconds of stunned silence) "You are crazy. You don't know what you are talking about."
Luke (laughing and rolling around the floor) "Oh yeah? I think you are crazy."

I was going to ask him what that meant for Santa or the Easter Bunny, but I was afraid of his answer....

1 comment:

  1. Great Great story Theresa! Don't you just love the heck out of them! Love the pic from Christmas too.... did you ever notice that it looks like you have a little white crown on your head! Very appropriate...You are a "Queen of a Mother." Love you all!

    ReplyDelete