Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

scared of the dark

I have never been a fan of scary things. I never watched scary movies as a kid (if I could get out of it.) I never went into haunted houses. I hated Halloween. I am not a fan of the "adrenaline rush" that people say it gives them. Give me a nice romantic comedy thank-you very much.

But despite me always avoiding scary things, I was always afraid of the dark. My brother and I had the battle of the nightlight for years. He insisted he couldn't sleep when it was on and I called him a big fat liar and wanted it on. We would fall asleep with it on. He would wake up and turn it off. I would wake up and freak out and turn it back on. This dance would go on throughout the night. Brat.

However, as I got older, I pretty much conquered that fear. I now sleep with the light off. That is when Scott is home. And Scott being home every night was never a problem. Until he started his new job. Now he does (at least) 7 night shifts every 28 days. And at times, being afraid of the dark is a problem. What am I afraid of?? Someone breaking in?? The bogeyman?? My old, creaking house?? I don't know.

But what I do know is that I was up last night at 2:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. My house was making noises and I came downstairs to make sure the door is locked. Again. I turned on all of the lights. I got on the computer and piddled around. I went up to bed where two of my little cherubs were sleeping. And I waited for morning. I didn't go back to bed until 6 a.m. And then I was up when Luke got up. Man, I am so very very tired. I have to get a handle on this night shift thing. I guess soon though I will have Bella to keep me company.

Today I had to skip church. My eyes were all puffy and my huge body was slow going. I kind-of just sat around. I should have painted but I just couldn't. This should be a busy week. Tomorrow I may go out to the school and pick up some stuff. I really need to go grocery shopping. Tuesday we are going to the zoo!!! Then we have the upstairs to paint and porch to finish. And this weekend is the Family reunion. AND.....my birthday! and Sunday is Luke's birthday.

But for now, I am going to curl up in a ball and sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment