Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

birthdays

"And in the end it is not the years in your life that count. It is the life in your years."

Abraham Lincoln

Today, in case you are not on facebook, is my 31st birthday! I know some people are not big on birthdays, but I love them. My birthday is a day to celebrate life. What a gift. What a blessing to take another breath. And I am thankful beyond words for the wonderful people that cover my life.

Birthdays are often reflective times for me. This year I thought about all that I have. It can take your breath away when you really think about it. I have so many people who love me. Yesterday we had an awesome family reunion. Filled with laughter and games. People who we are connected to. Family. I have the most wonderful husband who loves like no one else I have ever met. 4 beautiful, intelligent, and amazing kids. A mom I couldn't imagine life without. An extended family who is the best. The best brothers and sisters. A job I adore. A secure house. My list could be endless.

Today I received word that a sweet teacher friend of mine passed away. Too soon from cancer. Although I know she celebrates this day in a better place, it helps me to focus on what a great thing a birthday is!

I had a very nice day. Woke up to a beautiful card from my husband and kids. Flowers, a book, and beef jerkey! I took the 3 big ones to the dentist. My mom had a cake. I got new jammies from my mom and sisters. Shirts from Joe and Lacy. Got my happy birthday song and when I asked William what I should wish for he told me a book! Guess that boy knows me!

And thanks to facebook I had 107+ happy birthdays from family and friends from near and far in both places and years! How awesome it is to be remembered.

And now my happy birthday is endding...as my beautiful baby boy's is starting....

No comments:

Post a Comment