Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Where is your time?

My husband laughs at me. I am standing at the stove stirring the soup, on the phone, and writing a grocery list at the same time. I hang up the phone and continue to give my son his Pre-spelling test as I move to set the table. The fact that I must be doing half a dozen things at once drives my husband crazy. The fact that he can only seem to handle one thing at a time drives me mad! If I tell my husband two or more things to do at once he gets frustrated. Then he says things like "I can't do it all. I am not you!"

Not that I come even close to doing it all...trust me on that! But I am busy. I hate to say that out loud because seriously, we are all busy. When a group of women all get together, I have noticed that as soon as someone starts spouting of the to-do list, another one says "oh yeah...well listen to all I have to do today." I am a wife, mommy to almost 5, I work full time as a 5th grade teacher, I do choir and nursery, I attempt to help my children the best I can with school and extra activities stuff. I am trying to plan more and clean more. Keep up to date better with things. All this being said, I am busy. As much as I hate to admit it....I have gotten to busy for my husband.

Once upon a time, when my husband and I were in a couples group, we had to make a list of our priorities. 1-10. I know my top three were 1. God 2. Husband 3. Kids...  Then we were to make a list from 1-10 on the things we spend the most time and energy on. Ahhh... The results were not good. To be honest, I am not sure where he fell. Now that I think about it, I hope he made the top ten.

Scott is my number one human relationship. He was there before the kids and he will be there after. I guess maybe I think because he can cut up his own food and scrub behind his ears, that he is a big boy and can take care of himself. Or that he can wait. But he has been waiting a long time. 'bout almost 8 years I believe.

I need a change. I have read the books and done the conferences. I did the plans and the rest. But what I need to do is invest the time. I can say something or someone is important to me but if I don't give them the time they deserve, do those words really matter? I joined a 31 day prayer group. Button on the side here if you are interested. I plan to lift Scott daily in prayer to the Lord, and then give him my time. I also have ran across quite a few inspiring blogs that write about marriage as well that I am so interested in reading. I want this to be my focus. Because #5 is on his or her way. And the other 4 need a rock solid foundation too. And mu husband is a great man and deserves a wife who shows him how much he is needed and appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment