Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

thinking...

It has been a while I see. Almost 3 weeks. My, my.

I have been quite the complainer as of late. And I am not saying I don't have my own struggles. But seriously...

A teacher friend got some bad news about her cancer. I sat and my heart broke. For her. For her family. Then others began to tell stories about lives cut to short. I run into children here and there with stories that would surprise any adult. I see families falling apart. I don't have it too bad at all.

Then I was talking to one of my closest friends at school. Amazing wife, mother, and teacher. We were talking about our faith. And how as working wives and moms, how stretched thin we feel. And unfortunately, it can be our Faith that often get pushed aside. After all, Jesus isn't waking us up in the middle of the night demanding our attention. He isn't asking for weeks of plans and creative centers. He just waits.

I love talking to this friend because she gets it. We talked about what is really important. Would people know we are Christians. I mean really bible believing followers of Christ? I would hope so. But I don't know.

I have made it a point to get back on the bandwagon. Every night I have been reading my bible and praying. Asking God to show me this day what I can do. What I can do for my family. What I can do with the kids in my class. I do not believe it is some accident that these children are in my care. What is it they need from me?

I asked God to open my eyes. Point them in the direction of my blessings and not in my shortcomings.

No comments:

Post a Comment