Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

kisses and I love yous.

Will has always been an affectionate child. Right from the start he wouldn't sleep if you were not holding him. He always had to be holding your finger when he was in his car seat. He slept in between Scott and I for...years. He is a very loving and affectionate kid. Gets this from his dad.

Everyday when I drop Will off at his classroom I would bend over and he would kiss me goodbye. But one day he was struggling to get away. Figuring he was in a hurry to get to his friends and building blocks, I kissed the top of his head while he skidded away. After a couple days of this I started to get the picture. I asked Will if he didn't want me to kiss him in front of his class. He kind of nodded and said it is embarrassing. I said oh ok. And left. As my heart was breaking. I know he is growing up. His world is opening up.

Today I walked him into the school and bent down to kiss the top of his head. He dashed in and I turned around. Then I heard "Mommy." I turned around and there was Will running out of the room, hair flying and book bag flapping. He reached up to grab my shoulder, and I leaned my ear to him thinking he had a secret to tell me. He kissed me right on the lips and said I love you. And then ran back in. I was stunned.

After school I asked him why he did that. I thought that you were embarrassed I asked. No. Not anymore he told me. And I will take it. For however long it lasts. I will take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment