Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What a night!

Last night I was tired. Really tired. But little Bella wasn't. Not at all. She cried and fussed so of course I called my mommy. She suggested holding her tight and singing to her. So I sang. And sang. Nothing. Still cried and cried. Finally she fell asleep and I collapsed into bed. Since Scott is of course on night shift, Rachel and Will slept with me. I woke up at 1:45 A.M. and saw Rachel sitting on the edge of the bed. She was sitting up but was still sleeping. So I said for Rachel to come here. She did. She jumped on me. And she was soaked. Apparently the second time she EVER wets the bed has to be in my bed.....when Scott has night shift....and Mommy has been sick. So I have to strip everything off her and the bed. And fix the bed. We go back to bed. Then at 4:45 I hear another voice calling my name. Luke. He needed to pee. I go up and he went. Then he asked to sleep in my bed. Fine. Whatever. So he came in with US and didn't go back to sleep. So when Scott called in the morning to ask how I was, my response was ...let us say less than favorable.

I had a full day of work and had to get Rachel to dance. I stopped at the store to pick up some groceries that were on sale. As I carried the bags into my kitchen I about fell over. Scott had cleaned up the whole kitchen. He cleaned up breakfast and the table was wiped clean. He loaded the dishes and cleaned up the trash. He had the night cups sitting on the counter for me and left me a note saying that he hoped I had a better night. I seriously teared up! So I went upstairs to bring down the pee mess I had left and I COULDN'T FIND IT. He had carried everything down for me.

Forget the roses. The diamonds. The candlelit dinners. This my friends, young and old, is romance at its best. Cleaning up the peed bed and loading the nasty milk cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment