Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

The answer

I work full time. Well, months September through May anywayz. And I love my job. Really I feel like teaching is a calling. Another topic all together but for now, I will talk about our lunch room conversation.

I work with a bunch of phemominal ladies. Women who are above and beyond teachers, wives, and moms. But I think I am the only mom of 4. Certainly the only mom of 6, 4, 2, and 6 months. A very good friend of mine was talking about an evening with her daughter. Then she turned to me and said "how do you do it with all of them." I laughed and said I don't sit. I talked about my evening the night before. Getting home and making dinner. Homework, bathtime, cereal for the baby. Reading the kids Bible (cause Will says "when he learns about Jesus it makes him not scared at night") and the list goes on.

After a bite of sandwich I realized that might have come out wrong. So I re-answered. Everything I do isn't a chore. It isn't like I look at this list and thing "oh no." Our dinner times can be hilarious with Scott and little Scott (Will). We play in the bathtub and talk while reading books. We laugh and play and live. I love my life. I would never want it any other way. When was the last time I slept through the night? I have no idea. Is my "to do" list sometimes more daunting than the national debt? At times. But by family is the most amazing gift ever given to me. It is a joy not "job."

Is it a lot of work? Absolutely. Do I juggle, juggle, and juggle some more. Sure. But I made what I think was the best choice for my family. We are happy. We are healthy.

Ok and I am tired... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment