Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

My buddy Max

"Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. It is the belief that God will do what is right."- Max

"He saw you cast into a river of life you didn't request. He saw you betrayed by those you love. He saw you with a body that gets sick and a heart that grows weak. He saw you in your own garden of gnarled trees and sleeping friends. He saw you staring into the pit of your own failures and the mouth of your own grave. He saw you in your own garden of Gethsemane and he didn't want you to be alone ... He would rather go to hell for you than to heaven without you." Max

When I lived in South Carolina, my sister in law and I would listen to the christian radio station on the way to and from work. One of the speakers that would pop up would be Charles Stan*ley. Jenn would say "my friend chuck says...." We laughed cause no we didn't know chuck (Mr. Stanley) but when we heard him talk it was like we were friends. In our crazy mixed up mind. I thought of this when my mom brought up an author she was reading...my buddy Max.

I love love love Max Lucado. Just a side note- in school every time I say this (love love love) my kiddos say "as much as you love books Mrs. Demi?" Cause I told them how much I LOVE books. No matter what I say "of course not! I love books the mostest." But I get a two for one here. My Max WRITES books. So I win.

My Christian book I read was written by my Max. When God Whispers Your Name. I still love that title. What I love about my Max is that he takes things that others make so difficult and puts it into words we get and understand. He helps us to see Jesus as loving us. He pulls away all teh red tape and simply says come to me. I like that.

I like simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment