Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Patience

patience...I have zero.

I am a very determined person. I make lists. I have things to do. And when I have a project I get it done. I like getting things DONE.

So with this pregnancy thing I am at a loss. The diaper bag and my hospital bag are packed. Diapers bought, clothes washed and hanging, and two weeks of lesson plans are written and waiting on my desk at school.

And...here...I...wait. I have already pasted the date when I delivered Luke. My early guy. 37 weeks. Will was born only 9 days early and Rachel almost a full two weeks. I know there are no guarantees but I thought...hoped...this little girl would follow suit. Now as I was talking (whining and complaining) to one of my bestest friends this week, she said to me..you know you are not even at your due date yet. This being the same friend that when I was talking (whining and complaining) about losing weight after the baby offered to let me borrow her "baby boot camp" DVDs. I love her but seriously? I need to reevaluate this friendship! hahaha..

But she is right. As always. I am not there yet. And this little girl could be totally different. She could (oh heavens..) be late. She could perhaps have an October birthday. And really as long as she arrives safe and sound I should be so happy.

But oh the wait. Tomorrow is an OB appointment. I would be lying if I said I will be heartbroken if I am at nothing. So disappointed. But soon she will be here. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment