Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

Summer is here!

Summer time! This summer I wanted to have some fun. Or at least I wanted my kids to have a good time. It seems that we had a LONG winter. And on my list of plans was the swing set and the pool. I wanted to be able to open the door and let the kids play! Especially since I will be getting bigger and bigger from here on out!

After the swing set finally arrived (took a week and a half longer than expected which is 5 years in toddler time), Scott got busy. And single handedly put it up. Quite impressive really. When I saw the whole thing was in 2 smallish boxes, I was a little worried. When he dumped them out and I saw ALL the pieces, I was even more worried! But he did it! With a little help from my little man over there. Luke loved being involved. He put in screws and carried the drill. Of course he lost a couple pieces here and there but we won't mention that! The kids loved the finish project!



And then the swimming pool. Seeing how he was right in the middle of swing set construction, Scott was thrilled when I bugged him about the pool! But we were M-E-L-T-I-N-G! So with the pump in hand, he blew it right up. And it is a little bigger and deeper than expected. Little nervous for Luke since he likes to get out and then DIVE right back in!
The kids love it and were having a blast. Now, summer needs to crawl by. I want to enjoy the sun and my time off with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment