Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

SLEEP- where are you??

So last night I didn't go to sleep until after 1. Then I woke up with Scott at 4 and didn't fall back "asleep" -if you can call it that- until almost 6. I was watching Corner Gas. WHich is fabulous by the way. Scott and I used to watch it all the time when it wasn't on at say 4 o'clock in the morning. I slept a bit until I heard Luke calling "mom, I am done." Sleeping that is.... ANd really I was up anyway. The last couple nights have been like this.

And I am a lover of sleep! Always have been. I hated sleepovers and hated to participate in "up all nighters." How silly. Why would you be up when you could be sleeping??? And when I don't sleep I get sick! Really sick. Now I normally don't sleep when Scott is on night shift, but he was on day?? What is going on here. Tomorrow starts his 7 days off and hopefully I will rest.

So today after a morning of cheeze-its everywhere and pancake syrup in the hair, I was ready for nap. I laid Luke down and he fell right asleep. In the livingroom the other two were being quiet. Rachel was laying with me and Will was playing a game. So I drifted off...only to be awaken by my phone ringing. It seems children dying of AIDS in AFRICA need my help...right now. I was so tired I couldn't understand what he was talking about. All I heard was Aids and kids. And we need you. But that was the end of my nap!

I made dinner and took the kids to Bible Club. Where they had fun but I was so tired. And then we stopped at my mom's where I was so tired. My stomach started to get the "I didn't sleep" sharp pains. So we come home and now here I am. Feeling like I can't sleep- AGAIN!!!

Scott worked some extra hours so maybe when he gets home I will relax and sleep tonight. I really hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment