Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 12- Always

I  do my cryin' in the shower. Grandma is not feeling well. Filled with pain and wanting "to go home." I wrote about Grandma Yackuboskey here. Check it out. Although the numbers are a bit off (more weddings and babies) we are quite the family. When I got the call that mom was going to the hospital to see Grandma, I froze. Not because I don't know where she is heading. Sure as the sky is blue Grandma will be dancing with Grandpa someday...but because that shadow comes close. Close and I remember. I remember the pain and shock.  Who knows what tomorrow may bring, but I remember yesterday. As I showered and cried and told God how unfair death was,  my heart was suddenly quieted. Sure as anything this scripture came to mind. Recited quietly. Like a promise.

PSALM 23
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. 3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.  6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.


Who knows the hour for any of us?The Bible tells us that we are all but vapor, here today and gone tomorrow.
Today I am thankful for the word of God. Not for the book of stories. Or instructions, rules, and laws. But today I am thankful that the word of God can touch us in our darkest places and give us hope. Hope that even in our darkest days, we do not walk alone. He is with us. He is there to comfort. Someday we can all dwell in the house of he Lord together.
"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:20 Thank you God for your promise
Always

No comments:

Post a Comment