As the new year has arrived, I have a LIST of things I need to work on. I know that I have a number of things to work on. But as I look back on 2010, I can't help but feel blessed beyond measure. Sure things went wrong. In December alone, the stove blew up and the furnace fan stopped working. But a lot of things went right. I would like to start the new year by focusing on what I have been given.
1. My family- People are important. Not things. And as I have taught my children this simple truth over and over, I am proud to hear them repeat it to each other. I celebrated the end of 2010 with a lot of my family and extended family around me. I am beyond blessed. Going thought the Christmas season and seeing how many loving people we are surrounded by it more than amazing. I miss my dad everyday, but through that I loss I have learned to not take things for granted. Love each other today. My mom is remarkable. I have 4 siblings that bring such laughter and peace to me. My "other" brothers and sisters who I have been given through marriage and relationships. I am surrounded by people who love, support, and add more goodness into my life than most could imagine.
2. Our jobs. I love my job. I love what I do every single day. The children I work with make everyday special. They are amazing. And I can't say enough about the dedicated, loving, and whole hearted professionals I work with. I could not imagine working in another place. And thanks to God for blessing me with one of the most amazing people I have known. Truly she is my inspiration as a teacher. Her entire heart goes not only into her teaching but the people surrounding her. She is on of the most amazing moms I have ever know. Scott loves his job. He enjoys going and the people he works with. A blessing unimaginable. He feels that he is making an impact.
3. My health- After quite a year of stomach troubles, I can say that I am finally feeling a bit better. After being so sick for so long, the gift of health is something to be grateful for.
4. a home- Not just a house, but a home. A warm and inviting place where we can come to.
5. laughter- With a house full of children I can say that everyday is an adventure. And I love it. The joy and goodness that fills everyone of my days is unending.
Thank-you Lord for the gift of life. Thank-you for not just these things but all of the little blessings. I am sorry that I complain. I am sorry that on some days my vision is cloudy. Return to me the joy of my salvation. I pray that your hand would fall upon all of my family and friends this year. That we recognize your goodness and your grace. May we all seek your heart on 2011.