Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Light

I was afraid of the dark when I was a kid. Very afraid. Isn't it funny that most kids are? What is it about the dark that frightens us to the core?

I remember we had a nightlight in our bedroom. Our, meaning me and my two brothers. My brother swore he could not sleep with the light on. I was near hysterics when the light was off. So my darling little brother would wait until I was asleep and then shut off the light. I would wake up to the dark. I couldn't breath. i couldn't move. I would drag myself up and flip on the light. Always making sure my feet did not touch the floor. I had under the bed issues to as a kid. I could fall asleep with the light on. Until little bro got up....again.

I remember reading a devotional as a teenager about light and darkness. It said that screaming and raging at the darkness will do no good. Slashing at it and fighting it will bring no relief. Now, quiet yourself and light a candle. Watch how the darkness flees.

Jesus is said to be the light of the world. The light that shines through our darkness. With Him, our true light, their is no fear. He dispels the dark. HE scatterers it. It has no power where he dwells.

That is what I want. A candle. A shower of light to dispel the dark. My Jesus. My candle.

No comments:

Post a Comment